Wednesday, December 12, 2007

That does not sound like a good deal.

I was leaving Lowe's today (Lowe's is a home improvement store here in the Midwest, don't know how widespread they are) and there was a sign by the door with a smiling guy who looked a lot like the host of Survivor, and it said something like, "blah blah blah number of products, personally installed," as in, "If you buy this door, we'll stick it on your house for you."

But I didn't read, "blah blah blah number of products personally installed." I read, "blah blah blah number of products anally installed."

And the guy looked REALLY enthusiastic.

As I was purchasing four cans of paint and a curtain rod, I decided to give that offer a pass.

Funniest misreads. Tell them to me, people.

5 comments:

  1. Well, it wasn't a misread on my part, but in high school we were reading Romeo and Juliet and I was reading Juliet and this guy from my class was reading the part of my father, and the line "Get me my sword, ho" he read as "Get me my sword ho!" He took great pleasure in it thinking he was supposed to call me a ho. It was actually pretty funny and took my teacher a few minutes before she could explain how that was actually supposed to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds incredibly similar to my "call me but love" giggling hysteria incident of 1996.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear about this. I'm not above begging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, but I still see the sign to the teacher's store as "Let's Lesbian" instead of "Let's Learn." It has to do with the rainbow (!) fonts, making some letters more noticeable than others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Levitz Furniture

    ReplyDelete

Say some stuff! If you can't think of anything to say, leave a link to a cute dog picture. I'm easy.