Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm at Dino's. They're playing 50's/60's music (natch), and the song that is on has the perfect beat to Pony to. I'm going to get up and do it in a second here.

I am looking rough today, y'all. I didn't wash my make up off last night, I didn't take a shower this morning, I just wrapped my greasy hair up in a bun and spritzed myself liberally with lavender water and took off. I almost went straight home after I dropped my kid off at school, but you know what? This ain't no fashion show. I can do what I want. So I came out here.

Okay, quick American Idol update... is this the most lackluster season ever or what? None of these kids are talented. Sorry to say it, but it's true. Even the ones the judges are raving about. I bet if you stuck this batch in the Hollywood Week of season three, they wouldn't have made it this far. And what the heck did Paula say about Diana Ross? That her singing was a disaster or something like that?

Okay, the song, "Just A Gigolo" is on, the one that isn't by a hyperactive, spandex-clad douche bag David Lee Roth. Is that guy like, an evil dwarf or something? Not like, a dwarf as in someone with dwarfism. I mean dwarf as in wearing pointed shoes and granting wishes and hiding gold coins in the forest loam.

It should be painfully clear at this point that I have NOTHING at all to say today. I'm just typing to keep myself from falling asleep at this table. I can't even muster up a "Van Halen Sucks" rant to be interesting. You know I'm tired when I don't want to criticize the suckness of the music and lament the tragic waste of Eddie Van Halen's talents over the years.

Whatever, I'm going to go make faces at this douche talking too loud on his cell phone.

7 comments:

  1. You might not have anything to say, but this is one of my favorite blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart ADD Jen.

    And he IS a dwarf. An evil, evil dwarf with sexual harassment charges galore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiding gold coins in the forest loam? Can I borrow that? I've got a book in mind. . .
    Seriously, I hope you went home and took a nap, but you're vastly entertaining when you're punch drunk tired/grungy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah, douche....
    I'm smodding dramasatically.

    Ah, words are fun.

    Duty

    ReplyDelete
  5. lori from plainwellFebruary 22, 2008 at 3:58 PM

    i am in such a good mood today i am probably one of those people that others want to smack around cuz they are 2 cheerful.
    thats all

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to figure out what to say on my blog today, and like you, have really nothing to say, but will come up with something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is talent in AI this season, and his name is Archuleta! (and not just cuz he's a friend)

    ReplyDelete

Say some stuff! If you can't think of anything to say, leave a link to a cute dog picture. I'm easy.