- A collection of short stories in a giant, hardcover book. One of the stories was about a kid trying to outwit his sister in picking the color of the new toothbrush he wanted. He knew it was important to pick the color that he truly wanted and not be swayed by his sister's machinations to get him to pick the color she didn't want.
- A Y/A novel about a girl who was a medium. She helped the police to solve cases, and it was set in either the late 19th or early 20th century. At one point, she was trespassing on someone's property and he shot a shotgun full of rock salt at her, if I recall correctly.
- A chapter book about a boy who lived in a town that was so foggy the residents had to memorize how many steps it was from landmark to landmark to make their way around town. The lead character was an errand boy and at some point a sinister magician-type man comes to town to commit a bank robbery or something nefarious.
- A book about about a doll house family who come to live when no one is playing with them.
- A book about a family of tiny people with tails who live in the walls of a house and get into all sorts of adventures.
Ring any bells for anyone?