Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Podcast Listening Help

Okay, since it has come to my attention that some people who want to listen to my awesome podcast (next episode goes up today, y'all!) and can't, I am here to possibly fix your problem. Maybe. Actually, switchpod.com's tech support are here to help you, I'm just relaying the message. Also, part of the iTune's FAQ will be helping you, as well.

They work through me. I am a conduit for knowledge.

Okay, so first of all, if you put the URL of the RSS feed into your browser and all you get is gobbledy guck, make sure you're using the absolutely most updated version of your browser. Most browsers will have a built in RSS feed by now, but if you've never updated your browser, you're missing out. You're probably missing a lot of awesome other features, too. So, update your browser, or get the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, which is my favorite browser. Be just like me, you know you wanna. Go to Mozilla.com to get Firefox, if you want it.

Now, if you have the latest version of your browser and it's still not working, you can get yourself an RSS reader. There are tons of them out there, and tons are free. Just got to google and type in "free RSS reader" for a list of sites where you can download the suckers. RSS readers will let you add all sorts of feeds that you want to keep up on, like news stories and things like that, in addition to podcasts.

However, if you have iTunes, this is probably the easiest and most sensible way to do it. You can get your butt into the "Advanced" menu in your iTunes program, select "subscribe to podcast" and copy pasta the URL of my RSS feed into it.

For your copy/pasta pleasure, here is the RSS feed URL for my awesome podcast: http://www.switchpod.com/users/jenniferarmintrout/feed.xml

In other news, you have just the rest of this precious twenty-four hours to bring me your burning questions in the post below this one, because I'm going to dig in to the question answering tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say some stuff! If you can't think of anything to say, leave a link to a cute dog picture. I'm easy.