- I have parent teacher conferences to attend for both my kids.
- I'll be baking for the school bake sale.
- I'll be shilling wreaths for another school fundraiser.
- Both kids need homemade Halloween costumes that I haven't started.
- Pumpkins must be carved.
- I'll be volunteering at my daughter's preschool on three separate days.
- One of those days is her birthday. This necessitates cupcakes at school and a cake at home.
- Oh, and making a birthday present.
- I'll need to take her to get her school picture retaken, as well.
- 100 bags and 100 folders need to be filled with various authors' promo for the Ready, Set, Write! Conference.
- Did I mention I'm on the conference committee for that?
- Or that I'm the president of the NFPO that hosts it?
- And I have to give a speech at it?
- And in the cruelest twist of fate, give a workshop there about time management?
On top of all of that, a publisher has requested more of a project I'm currently shopping around, but at the moment there isn't more, so I need to take care of that.
In other words, this is going to be the busiest two weeks of my life, and as such, I have to give up my foolish expectation that I will be able to continue the recaps while doing all that other stuff. It's something I'm working on in therapy.
Recaps will return Nov. 4th. Hate me if you want, but I will be far too busy to feel your disdain from somewhere inside cupcake/costume/conference hell. If you could save that rage for Nov. 4, I would appreciate it.